Huwebes, Marso 17, 2011

Going Merry has arrived in the Philippines!!



Going Merry has arrived in the Philippines.... figuratively speaking. Going Merry is the first pirate ship of Luffy of the manga One Piece. Many of you already know about One Piece and it is currently the longest running manga in Japan. Longer than Bleach or even Naruto. Because of the fame of the manga,
a ship was made in to look like it. 


(picture taken from www.esacademic.com)

The look-alike ship didn't actually dock in the Philippines. What arrived here in the Philippines is a detailed model kit of the ship. I've been a collector and a modeler(not one that poses for pictures but one that builds model kits) since I was a child. I was particularly into Gundam model kits but that doesn't mean I'm not open to other model kits. 

Walking around Ayala Center Cebu I visited Tamiya Hobby Shop, since I visit that store every time I get the chance to. And looking around at their various items, this one caught my attention. Seeing the "MG" logo at the side of the box, I thought this would be a "must-get" for me if I ever have the money. "MG" meaning Master Grade meaning it is very detailed. It even comes along with a small Luffy and crew figures. The price is around Php 2,000, so it is kinda expensive. For fans of the manga or anime or even into model kits, this would be a good item to purchase. Like the saying goes "Its never a loss when you purchased something and you are very much satisfied."




Note: I just made up that saying myself. ^_^

1 komento: